Vol.4, No.44 – November 3, 2019, Countdown to the end– 31
“The kingdom of the world has become the Kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever.” –Revelation 11:15
There will come a day when what we believe (because of God’s Word), becomes visible reality. There will be a time when the walk of faith turns into walk by sight. The first request found in the “Lord’s Prayer” is Your Kingdom come. It has a scheduled answer. At that moment, God’s promises are completely fulfilled. All our hopes will be realized; all of our waiting will be over.
In chapter eleven, there is another visual angle; the shift is to the throne room of Heaven. There is music! It is akin to the Hallelujah Chorus. It is good to sing; it deserves to be sung there. Even the twenty-four elders will sing. (I have heard many pastors say they cannot sing, so they just move their lips. This is going to be a great hymn sing of the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ. Elders will join the singing.)
This is the time for God’s reign to become reality on the earth. “We give thanks to You, Lord God Almighty, who is and who was, for You have taken Your great power and begun to reign.” (11:17)
Does this sound a little strange? “Begin to reign.” God is always in control—absolutely. His Kingdom is growing and expanding. However, the reality is that at this period His reign becomes visible to everyone, including the rebellious (His enemies). What believers trust by faith is now visible to the eyes of all. (All means all, and that is all, all means!)
The inauguration of God’s Kingdom on earth has four characteristics:
- Your wrath came (The reign of God gives Him the right to meet the rebelliousness and sin of the nations with His wrath. God executes His Divine judgment upon evil. Every human is accountable before God.)
- The time for the dead to be judged (The reign of God give Him the right to judge. The moral absolutes that come from the very character of God evaluates the lives of those dead.)
- The time has come for rewarding Your servants (The reign of God gives Him the right to reward those who serve Him. The coming of His Kingdom brings delights and rewards found in the promises of His Word.)
- The time has come for rewarding the prophets and saints (The reign brings the delight of God to reward the prophets and saints.)
- The time has come for rewarding those who fear Your Name (The reign of God gives Him the right to reward those fearing His Name.)
- The time has come for rewarding the small and great (God is not a respecter of persons, all are equal before Him – both small and great.)
- The time has come for destroying the destroyers of the earth (The reign of God gives Him the right to determine a plan for salvation. The destination of the “wide road” versus the “narrow road” are real and final.)
Interesting . . . our news (regardless of where you tune in or search). The headlines expose the source. There is always an agenda. However, you can believe whatever comes over the media – right? You do not have to fear, or do you? One thing you can be absolutely sure of: We do not have to worry what it all (what we glean from the news) means and where it is all going. We have sure hope. The Scriptures give expectations of us being an encouragement to one another with the certainty of His coming again. Certain of His coming Kingdom.
For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea –Habakkuk 2:14
Worthy are you, our Lord and God! Revelation 4:11
He, who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches! Revelation 2:7
Behold, Jesus is coming soon Revelation 22:6
The Kingdom of God is coming to rule over the earth. How might you be prepared to meet the needs of the people of the earth before the reign begins on earth? Are we providing the truth of the sure hope in our Lord Jesus Christ? If not, how great is the error of God’s people upon the earth. A recent hymn (contemporary) Donna and I have learned has a great message for our present mission in our world, Let the Nations be Glad.
Let the glory of the Lord forever be a joy; may redemption be the theme of our song. for by grace we have been saved, and by grace we shall proclaim, to the corners of the earth that Christ has come.
Let the nations be glad, let the people rejoice, for salvation belongs to our God. Let the whole earth be filled with the praises of the Lord, for salvation belongs to our God. Let the nations be glad!
Through the ages gone before, through the trial and the sword, many saints and martyrs conquered though they died. Still we’re holding out the cross, crossing ocean suffering loss, shall endure all things to win the crown of life.
As Your holy church goes forth, in the Holy Spirit’s power, with the glories of the Gospel to explain, now we pray Your kingdom come, and we pray Your will be done. For the honor and the glory of Your Name.
Let the nations be glad, let the people rejoice, for salvation belongs to our God. Let the whole earth be filled with the praises of the Lord, for salvation belongs to our God. Let the nations be glad.